Genetics & Genomics
AI & Robotics
SIENNA in English
SIENNA in Portugese
SIENNA in French
SIENNA in Dutch
SIENNA in Spanish
SIENNA in Swedish
SIENNA in Greek
Human Enhancement - in Greek
SIENNA AI & Robotics in Spanish
The SIENNA approach: Stakeholder informed ethics
- SIENNA policy briefs in Greek 2021-10-07
- Shifting AI ethics from high-level principles to socio-political context 2021-03-26
- Ethical governance of disruptive technologies 2021-03-26
- TechEthos: New project using ethics to shape technology of the future 2021-03-26
- Addressing societal concerns in public research funding 2021-03-25
Follow us in social media!
Want to know more about the SIENNA project? Follow and interact with us on Twitter and YouTube!
The SIENNA project will develop ethical codes for human genomics, human enhancement, AI & robotics. We will also help improve existing ethical and legal frameworks for all three areas.
Human Genetics & Genomics
Technologies to sequence or edit DNA can become powerful tools to diagnose and treat diseases, yet they also raise important ethical, legal and social issues.
Technology can enhance our physical, cognitive, emotional and moral abilities. Challenging the boundaries between health and illness, treatment and enhancement, normality and abnormality.
Artificial Intelligence & Robotics
We interact with robots, smart devices, intelligent software, prosthetics and implants. We can benefit enormously from interacting with machines. But there are significant ethical challenges.