Theoretical and methodological foundation
SIENNA will start by establishing the methodological foundation for work in all three areas. This will ensure theoretical coherence and methodological consistency in our work.
In the first seven months of the project, we will:
- Document our approaches for ethical analysis.
- Document our approaches for legal and human rights analysis.
- Document our approach to studying social accceptance and awareness.
- Identify and analyse stakeholders in all three areas.
- Develop a methodological handbook for the ethical, legal and social analysis in human genomics, human enhancement & artificial intelligence and robotics.
More information and contact
Rowena Rodrigues, Trilateral Research (deputy coordinator)
Rowena Rodrigues is Senior Research Manager at Trilateral Research. Her areas of expertise include regulation of new and emerging technologies, comparative legal analysis, ethics of new and emerging technologies, privacy and data protection (law, policy and practice), certification, security and surveillance, ethical impact assessment, and responsible research & innovation. She has contributed/contributes in various capacities to European research projects, e.g., SHERPA, TITANIUM, SATORI, IRISS, PULSE, EU privacy seals. She has published book chapters in Policy Press, Routledge, Springer and articles in journals such as the Computer Law & Security Review, European Journal of Social Science Research, International Data Privacy Law, International Review of Law, Computers and Technology and the Journal of Contemporary European Research. At Trilateral, she has contributed in various capacities to EU research projects (e.g., SATORI, PULSE, IRISS) and provides consultancy to the private sector. Rowena leads SIENNA's work on methodological and theoretical foundations.