SIENNA publications on the ELSI of Human Genomics
The SIENNA project is starting to produce results that will be published both in public deliverable reports and peer-reviewed journals. This page lists our outputs covering the ELSI of human genomics. You will find a complete list of outputs from the SIENNA project here.
Heidi Howard, Emilia Niemiec, & Alexandra Soulier. (2019). SIENNA D2.1: State of the art review of human genomic technologies (Version V0.4). Zenodo.
Santa Slokenberga, Konrad Siemaszko, Zuzanna Warso, & Heidi C Howard. (2019). SIENNA D2.2 Analysis of the legal and human rights requirements for genomics in and outside the EU (Version V2.0). Zenodo.
Heidi Howard, Emilia Niemiec, Lisa Tambornino, & Dirk Lanzerath. (2019). SIENNA D2.3: Survey of REC approaches and codes for genomics (Version V0.5). Zenodo.
Alexandra Soulier, Emilia Niemiec, & Heidi Carmen Howard. (2019). SIENNA D2.4: Ethical Analysis of Human Genetics and Genomics (Version V0.3). Zenodo.
Tim Hanson. (2020). SIENNA D2.5: Public views on genetics, genomics and gene editing in 11 EU and non-EU countries (Version V4). Zenodo.
Kantar (Public Division). (2019). SIENNA D2.6: Qualitative research exploring public attitudes to human genomics (Version V3). Zenodo
- de Araujo M, The Ethics of Genetic Cognitive Enhancement: Gene Editing or Embryo Selection?, Philosophies, 2020;5(3):20
- Niemiec E, Howard HC, Ethical issues related to research on genome editing in human embryos, Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, 2020;18 887-896
- Niemiec E & Howard HC, Germline Genome Editing Research: What Are Gamete Donors (Not) Informed About in Consent Forms?, The CRISPR Journal, 2020;3:1 52-63
- Niemiec E & Howard HC, "Genethics" and Public Health Genomics, in Applied Genomics and Public Health / [ed] George P. Patrinos, San Diego: Elsevier Inc./Academic Press, 2020, 1, p. 243-257
- Slokenberga S & Howard HC, The right to science and human germline editing. Sweden, its external commitments and the ambiguous national responses under the Genetic Integrity Act, Förvaltningsrättslig Tidskrift, 2019;2:199-222.
- Canellopoulou-Bottis, Maria, The Greek Law on Genetics and Genomics - An Overview and Outlook for Future Perspectives, SSRN, available online December 4, 2018
Newsletters from the SIENNA project
- Human Genomics: Connect with the SIENNA project, May 21, 2019
- SIENNA Project: Codes, guidelines & legal requirements for Human Genomics, June 2, 2020
Related publications (not SIENNA results)
- Vears DF, Niemiec E, Howard HC, Borry P, How do consent forms for diagnostic high‐throughput sequencing address unsolicited and secondary findings? A content analysis, Clinical Genetics, 2018;94(3-4): 21-329.
- Vears DF, Niemiec E, Howard HC, Borry P, Analysis of VUS reporting, variant reinterpretation and recontact policies in clinical genomic sequencing consent forms, European Journal of Human Genetics, 2018;26:1743–1751.